We’re looking for someone to step up and take the lead to be our next Director of Blackpool Gang Show. Could this be you? Have a read of what the Director does and about the show and express your interest on the form below. Any questions? Then get in touch.
What does the Director do?
The role of the Director is a varied one! They are mainly responsible for:
- all creative aspects of the show.
- selecting themes, materials and performance content together with the production teams including music, costumes, props, scenery, make-up, sound, lighting and much more.
- designs the look and feel of the production.
- casting the show with support of the Production Team members.
- coordinates rehearsals including dates, venue, content, photo call.
- leads ongoing production team meetings.
- directs the Show in conjunction with the Theatre Stage Manager and their crew.
- is responsible for co-ordinating all aspects of producing and putting the Show on stage.
- works closely with the Business Manager in the overall management of putting the Show on.
- works closely with the Blackpool Scouts Media, Digital and Communications team to promote the show, change items on the website and run social media.
About Blackpool Gang Show
Blackpool Gang Show is all about the young people and volunteers of Scouting and Guiding in Blackpool putting on a show each year for an amazing audience. A true variety show for all the family with lots of singing, dancing and comedy sketches.
We have been producing great family entertainment since 1962 and have performed in various theatres around the town. We now perform at the Blackpool Grand Theatre. Find out more about Blackpool Gang Show here.