We’re on the hunt for someone to take on the role as our Business Manager in the Gang Show leadership team. Have a read of what the Business Manager does and about the show and express your interest on the form below. Any questions? Then get in touch.
The Business Manager is responsible for all business and corporate support (including sponsorship) areas of Blackpool Gang Show and all matters relating to the off stage aspects. This includes being responsible for liaison and contract agreement/signature with the Theatre/Venue for the Show week, including agreeing any marketing and publicity of the Show at the Theatre/Venue.
The role also includes being responsible for ensuring risk assessments are in place with the Theatre, rehearsal premises and any venues where Gang Show is present as an activity/event.
Manage the oversight of any risk to reputation and/or financial standing of Gang Show.
Work closely with the Director in the overall management of putting the Show on.
Report to the lead volunteer for Blackpool Scouts throughout the year about the show.
What does the Business Manager do?
- Attending Board of Trustees Meetings (as required) to report on Gang Show.
- Ensures that guidelines and policies advised by the Scout Association are taken on board, subject to local limitations.
- All safeguarding training is undertaken (and refreshed every 3 years) by all Gang Show members and ensure any safeguarding issues are reported directly to the lead volunteer for Blackpool Scouts. Arrange necessary Gang Show Safeguarding refresher courses as required.
- Ensure that mandatory training for all leaders involved in the Show is up to date.
- Chairing and responsible for the Business Team and its meetings.
- Booking of suitable rehearsal premises.
- Work closely with the Treasurer for all financial aspects of the show.
- Co-ordinate the Programme contents and sponsors.
- Arranging through Scout insurance, necessary insurance cover.
- Co-ordinate the “get in” and “get out ” of necessary equipment and costumes at the Theatre/Venue.
- Ensure all venues (Theatre/rehearsal venues) have a valid copy of the Scout Association Insurance Public Liability certificate.
- Ensure First Aid cover is in place at the Theatre/Venue.
- Agreement of VIP guest list in conjunction with District Commissioner and Director. Ensure suitable seating in the Theatre is reserved accordingly.
- Host VIP guest, i.e Mayor and Scouting Ambassadors and ensure they are welcomed and escorted accordingly.
- Arrange with Lead Volunteer for Blackpool Scouts and Director a Review Meeting, to be held within 4-5 weeks after the Show.
- Lead the liaison with the Media, Digital and Communications team for all aspects of the Show, working with the Director.
- Co-ordinate and Chair “All Hands Meeting” 2 weeks prior to the Show Week.
- Organise PAT testing of generic electrical equipment as required.
- Liaise with Theatre staff and Gang Show department heads re safety drill.
- Manage and agree contracts with the Council/lease of Harrowside premises where props are stored.
- Manage and agree with 1st Norbreck storage arrangements for Wardrobe/costumes.
About Blackpool Gang Show
Blackpool Gang Show is all about the young people and volunteers of Scouting and Guiding in Blackpool putting on a show each year for an amazing audience. A true variety show for all the family with lots of singing, dancing and comedy sketches.
We have been producing great family entertainment since 1962 and have performed in various theatres around the town. We now perform at the Blackpool Grand Theatre. Find out more about Blackpool Gang Show here.