Blackpool District Scout Council (Registered Charity 521534) takes data protection very seriously and will take all possible steps to make sure that information is safe and accurate and only retained for as long as necessary.
In the case of our members, processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Blackpool District Scout Council.
In all other cases, we will obtain consent before processing any personal data.
What we collect.
The majority of personal information we hold is provided to us :-
- directly by yourself
- by parents/legal guardian
Personal information is provided :-
- in paper form
- on line digital form
- in the case of an adult member, via Compass, our online membership system
- by third party reference agencies, such as Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Where a member is under the age of 18, this information will only be obtained from a parent/legal guardian and cannot be provided by a young person.
How we process your personal data.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for our internal record keeping. We may use the information:-
- To improve our activities and services
- To manage Scout activities of all kinds
- To send regular updates via email about activities, training, funding, events and news stories
- To keep internal membership records up to date
- For our financial records
Sharing of data.
We may share the data supplied by you (or collected about you) :-
- with other parts of the Scout Association, if we do it will only be to those entitled to see it.
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information that we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We process personal data, whether held digitally or in hard copy, in a manner that is appropriately secure.
We check the terms and conditions and privacy notice of the following to make sure that personal data in our care is not compromised and is held in accordance with the GDPR :-
- of our cloud storage provider(s)
- of our email provider
- of our web server provider
- of our online survey tool
Data Subjects’ Rights
We make sure that you are able to exercise your rights as a data subject:-
- that you can inform us about communication you do not want
- that you can request access to, correct, delete and restrict the personal data we hold
- that you have the right to complain to the data protection regulator
Retention and Disposal of Data
- We do not keep personal data in a form that permits identification of data subjects any longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it.
- We dispose of personal data securely.
- We may store data for longer periods solely for archiving purposes, subject to safeguards to protect the rights and freedoms of the data subject.