Explorer Scout Young Leaders Scheme
Young Leaders are part of the Explorer Scout Section, who choose to devote a large proportion of their time in Scouting to support and help in another section.
Young Leaders are aged between 14 and 18 years old. The Young Leaders’ Scheme helps Explorer Scouts to develop and grow as individuals. It allows them to make a valuable contribution to their community and give service to others. The scheme also helps them fulfil the service elements of their awards.
The Young Leaders’ Scheme is made up of 11 modules:
- Module A – Prepare to take off
- Module B – Taking the Lead
- Module C – That’s the way to do it
- Module D – Kids behaving badly
- Module E – Game on
- Module F – Making Scouting accessible
- Module G – Programme Plans
- Module H – Programme Plans Plus
- Module I – What did they say?
- Module J – Awards and Badges
- Module K – First Aid masterclass
To begin with Module A Badge is awarded after completion of Module A – Prepare for Take Off of the Young Leaders’ Scheme. This must be completed within three months of becoming a Young Leader.
Training dates 2019
We have released a variety of training dates up to summer 2019, please click the button below to view them and fill in the form below to book on.