- This event has passed.
Scouting Skills Day
June 25 at 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Please see a selection of activities potentially available (please note that these may be subject to a last minute change)
- Nights Away HQ document – a tick list of what you need to do to organise a Nights Away event
- The opportunity to see, on site, a Scout Group camp; you will be able to ask questions regarding the layout etc.
- Menu planning – allergies/special diets
- Camp budgets – what to include and what action is needed after the event Tent pitching – where, when and how!
- Fires: building & cooking
- Make a pizza in the camp oven
- Camp gadgets and pioneering and lots lots more…
We hope you can join us – if you are considering applying for a Nights Away Permit although this event will not provide you with sufficient evidence, it will provide practical guidance and there will be the opportunity to ask questions, lots of them.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning on joining – we know it is a drop in event, just to understand the interest. A packed lunch will be required – refreshments will be available throughout the day.