Help Blackpool Scouts Plant Trees
We are happy to announce that Mowbreck has been selected for the next round of voting in the Tesco Bags of Help Scheme to help plant trees at the campsite.
Please can we ask that all members, parents, families and friends to shop at Tesco during January and February 2018 so that we can stand a good chance of being the best out of three choices. We have asked for a total amount of £3840 to cover hire of machinery , ground cover , railway sleepers, deposit for new mowing machine, new strimmer, wheelbarrows and gardening equipment. But no matter how much we do get, it will go towards enhancing the work that goes on at Mowbreck.
The weekend before Christmas the Beavers from the 10th and 7th came out to plant a wheel barrow full of acorns in the pouring rain. They worked so hard and planted at least 2/3 of a barrow load.
During the work day on 25th November, 6 volunteers planted over 90 trees.
What we need is for every Beaver, Cub, Scout, Explorer, and leader to know that there is a tree at Mowbreck that they have planted.
Here’s some Do’s and Don’t’s when voting:
– Tamper with the voting unit otherwise your project may be void from the vote
– Influence customers casting their vote at the voting unit.
– Encourage supporters to submit multiple tokens in the voting unit
– Promote your project in store without permission from the Store Manager
– Collect Bags of Help tokens from stores that are not within your region to vote for your project
– Cast your vote as soon as you receive your token for a project in the current voting round
– Only submit Tesco Bags of Help token to cast your vote
– Maximise promotion of your project during the voting period by making best use of PR and Social Media guidance – https://www.groundwork.org.uk/Sites/tescocommunityscheme/pages/bags-of-help-communications-guidance-ew-sept
– Encourage the local community and your supporters to get involved with Bags of Help voting