Deputy District Youth Commissioner Vacancy
I am on the look out for a new Deputy District Youth Commissioner to join my team here in Blackpool.
The role of Deputy District Youth Commissioner (DDYC) is to work closely with the District teams and Groups to ensure that the views of our fantastic young people are listened to. Empowering them to make decisions and allow them to have a real say in what they do in Scouting.
The DDYC needs to:
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Be computer literate
- Be a self-motivator and be able to motivate others positively
- Be able to work well in meetings
- Have excellent presenting and facilitating skills
- Have the ability to work and engage with young people aged 6 – 25
- Have the ability to work and engage with adult members
- Be articulate
- Have the ability to speak confidently in public
- Have the ability to be persuasive
- Have the ability to work within predefined limits
The role is open to anyone who is aged between 17 and 25. You will be joining the existing team of me (DYC), Emily Platt (DDYC) and Emily Parkinson-Swift (DDYC). I look forward to getting all your applications.
If you have any questions please email me – email@example.com
To apply please download the application form here. The deadline for applications is Friday 2nd June 2017. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
District Youth Commissioner