Deputy District Youth Commissioner
I am on the lookout for a new Deputy District Youth Commissioner to join my team here in Blackpool.
The role of Deputy District Youth Commissioner (DDYC) is to work closely with the District teams and Groups to ensure that the voices of our fantastic young people are listened to. Empowering them to make decisions and allow them to have a real say in what they do in Scouting.
The DDYC needs to:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be computer literate
- Be a self-motivator and can motivate others positively
- Be able to work well in meetings
- Have excellent presenting and facilitating skills
- Have the ability to work and engage with young people aged 6-25
- Have the ability to work and engage with adult members
- Be articulate
- Have the ability to speak confidently in public
- Have the ability to be persuasive
- Have the ability to work within predefined limits
- Be able to commit to the role
The role is open to anyone who is aged between 17 and 25. You will be joining the existing team of me (DYC), Ben Hughes (DDYC) and Tayler Kippax (DDYC). I look forward to getting all your applications.
The deadline is Friday 26th January 2018.
If you have any questions please email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
District Youth Commissioner